Even Witchlings Get Sick

Not every part of a dynamic is dark, kinky, or pretty. Sometimes, being a witchling just means being taken care of when you feel like absolute shit.


I started feeling sick while we were camping.


At first, it wasn't too bad. Just that little sore throat, and itchy lungs. I figured maybe it was just the wildfire smoke and I'd get used to it...but no.


By the time we got home, it had settled in.


And that's when my owner went into full caretaker mode.


I'm a pretty spiritual person, and I tend to avoid medicine when I can. If I can help my body heal naturally, that's usually the route I want to take. Since I didn't have a fever, I was determined to give my body a chance to do its thing.


And he supported that.


He encouraged me to take a hot bath. He had me steam my lungs. He made me tea, ramen, and oatmeal because he knew they would feel good on my sore throat and aching body. He rubbed Vicks on my chest and did everything he could to make me comfortable.


But he also knew when it was time to stop being patient with my stubborn ass.


When the natural remedies weren't cutting it anymore, he started pushing the medicine. And by pushing, I mean he basically had to force me to admit that maybe my body needed a little more help.


He helped me prepare soup. He encouraged me to rest instead of worrying about my usual chores and expectations. And when I finally broke down crying because I felt so gross and miserable, he just held me.


There was no serving. No teasing. No expectations. Just me feeling absolutely miserable while he made sure I was comfortable, had what I needed, and was being taken care of.


And honestly? There was something really special about that.


I think when people hear words like *owner* and *submissive*, they sometimes imagine the more obvious parts of the dynamic. The rules. The service. The power exchange. The things that happen behind closed doors.


But there is another side to it that I don't talk about as much.


The care.


Because being someone's submissive doesn't mean I stop being a person who sometimes needs to be looked after. And being my owner doesn't mean his role only exists when I'm actively serving him.


Sometimes submission looks like trusting someone enough to let them take care of you.


Sometimes it looks like being curled up feeling awful while the person who usually tells you what to do is instead asking what you need.


And sometimes, being a witchling just means being a sick little creature who gets spoiled by her owner until she feels better. 


I think that's an important part of our dynamic, too.


Not every side of it is meant to be sexy.


Some of it is just love, trust, and knowing that when I'm vulnerable, I've got someone who will take care of me.


Comments

Popular Posts